For the past few months, we’ve been working hard to bring you a brand new version, packed with all the features you’ve asked us for. Under the hood, the entire tracking system has been revamped, breaking away from traditional tracking techniques to something that will be a solid tool for your marketing in 2017 and beyond.
To update Shorty, you’ll need to:
- Download a copy of your current Shorty version as a backup, just in case you prefer the older version for whatever reason.
- Download the latest version from the client area, you can request a password reset if you no longer remember your password.
- If you do not see a download link, your subscription has expired and you’ll need to add a new subscription.
- You can renew the same level or upgrade to a different level from the members area as well. You can see the list of features available for each package here.
- Upload the plugin to your WordPress via the file upload feature in WordPress, or via FTP
So what’s changed, and what’s new? Here’s what’s changed from Version 1.x:
- Completely revamped user interface and design, it looks much sleeker now.
- You no longer see the “Redirecting” message when Shorty is capturing data and sending your visitor to the destination URL.
- Overall, tracking speed has been improved tremendously.
- Split testing is no longer a separate function, it’s built into each tracking link so there are less steps to do.
- Postback URLs are now much easier to use, with pre-configured postbacks / S2S URLs. All you have to do is choose the affiliate network you want to use postbacks with.
- Conversion tracking has been completely revamped with a Global Pixel URL. You no longer need to choose a page on your WordPress blog. Just configure the global pixel and place it in the provided pixel bos on each post / page.
- You no longer need to manually create a campaign to add more tracking parameters to your tracking link. You can just customize it from the main links page.
- The main links page has been greatly improved to show you more useful data and which modules you have enabled.
- Reports have been improved to increase loading speed and usability.
- Interface changes, and some buttons or modules have been moved around.
Here’s what we’ve added in Version 2:
- New link uptime monitoring feature allows you to get email alerts when a destination URL is not responding within a specified time. The default is 10 minutes but you can change that in settings.
- New remarketing codes feature allows you to add remarketing tags to any cloaked link, even affiliate links, and retarget people who clicked on your links in most of the popular remarketing networks.
- New click limit feature allows you to redirect traffic to an alternate URL once a certain amount of clicks have been recorded.
- New expiration timer feature allows you to redirect traffic to an alternate URL after a certain date and time, perfect for promoting product launches or time-sensitive offers.
- New country, city and mobile device reports allow you to understand your traffic much better. You can see the country, city and mobile results for each conversion.
- New predefined affiliate commission file upload allows you to easily add commissions for Shareasale, ClickBank and CJ by importing the exact affiliate CSV you download from those networks.
- New conversion logic allows you to accept incomplete conversion data (missing Click ID) so you can get a better idea of your actual performance.
Overall, this is a major release with lots of changes and new stuff.
Make sure you keep a copy of your current Shorty as a backup. Also make a backup of your database before upgrading to the new version.
- Watch all the new tutorials before you upgrade to see how the new Version 2 works
- Login to the client are to download the latest version, or renew your subscription to get the latest download file
If you’re reading this and do now have a licence key yet, you can click here to read more about Shorty and choose your plan.